Thursday, September 17, 2009

Websites That Suck: UMX Lanyards



http://www.lanyardsupply.com/




The UMX Lanyard Factory website is the worst designed website I have seen in a while. There's not a clear banner and there is so much text at the top of the page that it's hard to find what the business is called. On your journey to find the title of the site, your eyes are assaulted with all of the different colors. Above the fold alone there is: red, burgundy, green, blue, yellow, black, purple, light green, and pink. Oddly enough, there seems to be only one or two typefaces being used, though there are sporadic additions of bold and italic too. There are a lot of links and they're all blue, which just adds another color. The site is absolutely chaotic to look at and could probably burn your retinas if you were a frequent visitor to UMX Lanyard Factory.



As for site organization, UMX Lanyards pretty much fails at that too. There are multiple pages, but no navigation bar to tell the viewer what pages are available. Somehow (I don't know what I clicked on) I found the pricing page. That page is no different and no better organized, unless you count that there are horrible looking tables containing pricing information. I suppose that could be a form of organization, but really, it's the only one this site has. What I find hysterically funny is that Section A (I don't know why they label by section, though it could be because the pages are so ferociously long) boasts: "Special Offer - More Selection - Less $$$. Combine 14 Colors or 21 Eye-Catching Themes. To Get Price Break! Just Pick Any Favorite Colors! No Minimum Order!" I know this is supposed to be talking about selecting and purchasing lanyards, but honestly, I think it refers to their website! If you click on the "Lanyards" link, it gets you back to the home page. The information is presented in tables, bulleted lists, and link-laden paragraphs.


Honestly, I don't know how long I could go on about how atrocious this website is. I could probably go on forever because I'm not sure there is a single redeeming aspect about it. If you take one look at UMX Lanyards, you will see that the site is in absolute DIRE need of a redesign before the site is responsible for serious injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment